maven-users mailing list archives

From "Siegfried Göschl" <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject RE: Question: How to create a manifest classpath
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:38:19 GMT
Hi Michal,

I had a look at uberjar a few months ago but encountered performance
problems due to the URLClassloader - it takes ages to pull in my JARs
.... :-).

>>> Orginale Mail Snippet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
But it is too slow - my JAR is about 11.5 MByte and starting it
takes now 150 seconds instead of 3 seconds. After loading all the
classes there is still a performance degration of the factor 5 - my
tests runs now in 19.5 sec instead of 3.8 seconds.

As a workaround I'm using the javaapp plugin hosted on http://maven-
plugins.sourceforge.net/ ... the most recent version for Maven B10 is
actually found within the CVS since I had no time to upload a new
release of it.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl