maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@ajsoft.net>
Subject JUnit : specification of classpath
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:53:31 GMT
Hi,

as a newcomer to JUnit I've been trying to use it with Maven and I get a
ClassNotFoundException. No problem ... I expected that one to come up. What I
really want to know is how do I add jar's to the JUnit classpath with my
project ?

For background, my project uses JDO so in my dependencies I specify the SUN
reference implementation (for building that is all that is needed). At
runtime I need to specify an actual implementation of JDO to run against.
Really the project is not dependent on any particular implementation of JDO,
so I have refrained from adding an implementation like Kodo, or TJDO to the
dependencies of the project. What I would like to do (in an ideal world :-)
is run the tests once with Kodo, once with TJDO, etc so I can say that I have
test coverage against particular implementations.

Is there a way to add the implementation jar(s) to JUnit's classpath without
having to put it in the dependencies ?

TIA
--
Andy