maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@ajsoft.net>
Subject Re: Removing maven traces
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:09:04 GMT
On Wednesday 13 Aug 2003 12:04, Jefferson K. French wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, at 11:04:12 [GMT +0600] Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> > I generated my project site using maven. BUt now I need to remove
> > the traces created by maven within it.
>
> I'm curious as to why people do this. Shouldn't we give credit to the
> people who developed the software?

We should indeed give credit, and Maven is a great tool.

One reason for removing things like "Powered by Maven" GIF's, or "Development
Process" is that maybe they just don't fit with a corporate image or
strategy, and presenting the information about how the site was generated
would be preferable in a different way, or in a different place on the site -
i.e for me its simply a matter of flexibility of where such information
should go and in what form.

--
Andy