maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@ajsoft.net>
Subject Re: new maven chinese web site :)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:29:53 GMT
On Tuesday 05 Aug 2003 08:48, Martin Skopp wrote:
> It looks pretty cool with all the characters - I run linux and it works
> out of the box.

It does look good - works with Konqueror out of the box, but not with Mozilla.

The only thing I'd add is that Maven (or some plugins maybe) hardcodes certain
text strings ... if you look at all of the pages on the site you find several
with ISO8859-1 characters ... like the date having numerals in it rather than
chinese characters, and like the text "Javadocs", "Task List", "Use Maven"
etc. Looks like a good exercise in highlighting where there are any hardcoded
strings allowing people to remove them, making Maven fully internationalised.

--
Andy