maven-users mailing list archives

From Jim Alateras <j...@comware.com.au>
Subject Getting the path to a dependency
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:39:14 GMT
Hi,

I have the following dependencies in my project file

    <dependency>
      <id>jawin</id>
      <artifactId>jawin</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.18</version>
      <url>http://sourceforge.net/projects/jawinproject/</url>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <id>jawin</id>
      <artifactId>javawin</artifactId>
      <type>dll</type>
      <version>1.0.18</version>
      <url>http://sourceforge.net/projects/jawinproject/</url>
    </dependency>

I can get the path to the jar using ${pom.getDependencyPath('jawin:jawin')}
but cannot do the same with the dll. I have tried
${pom.getDependencyPath('jawin:javawin')} but that doesn't seem to work. Is
there any way I can get the path to the dll entry?

I also notice that dependencies are keyed on groupId:artifactId. At the
moment, when I have two dependencies with the same base name i.e. jawin.jar
and jawin.dll I end up changing jawin.dll to javawin.dll so that it can be
referenced in the dependency list. Is this the correct approach? Should the
dependency list be used to reference non-jar entities?

cheers
</jima>