maven-users mailing list archives

From "Moretti, Luciano (MED)" <Luciano.More...@med.ge.com>
Subject RE: build maven
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:27:25 GMT
David-
I don't know of it, and can't find it in my list of goals, but I am a
Newbie...

If you're under linux/unix I'd probably use wget to handle that.  wget
is really well designed to get recursive online filesystems and copy
them to the local filesystem.

after a little experimenting on our local repo, (as wget can't go
through my proxy as it's currently configured) if you're going to try
it, I'd suggest trying to use the FTP functionality, as the HTTP version
generates a bunch of junk files that are created by apache (index files
& graphics).

Using my local repo instead of ibiblio's, here's what I came up with-
Execute it from $MAVEN_HOME

wget -r -nH ftp://ibiblio.org/maven

-r = 		Recursively navigate the tree
-nH= 		No Home- by default it'll create a directory ibiblio.org
and put all the files in there.. this is not what you want.

You may have to tweak the ftp statement, as I can't see what ibiblio's
dir structure looks like from inside the proxy- which means you might
have to add the --cut-dirs= statement to get rid of junk directories.

This should create a mirror of the remote repo with in the
$MAVEN_HOME/maven dir.  Inspect the new repo to make sure it looks good,
then use the mv command to move it to $MAVEN_HOME/repository.  I'd
personally suggest backing up the old repo if one exists, as I've ran
into problems when completely overwriting the local repo.

Good Luck-
I'm pretty new at this, so this is use at your own risk,

Luciano