maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@ajsoft.net>
Subject Re: 1.0 beta 10 : Repositories
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:37:15 GMT
On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 22:08, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> The default value for maven.repo.local is now defined in the
> default.properties file and it has a value of:
>
> ${maven.home.local}/repository
>
> This will default to
>
> ~/.maven/repository
>
> So you can override the value of maven.repo.local to set it to whatever
> you desire but it now defaults to ~/.maven/repository to enable to use
> of shared repositories.

Thanks Jason,

I've set ~/build.properties and it finds the shared repository and
downloads into that. The next problem I have is that I have 2
dependencies

<dependency>
    <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
    <artifactId>xdoclet-ejb-module</artifactId>
    <version>1.2b4</version>
    <url>http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/</url>
    </dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
    <artifactId>xjavadoc</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <url>http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/</url>
</dependency>

In beta9 this went to the repository and found
xdoclet/jars/xdoclet-web-module-1.2b4.jar
xdoclet/jars/xjavadoc-1.0.jar

In beta10 this finds the
xdoclet/jars/xdoclet-web-module-1.2b4.jar

BUT complains about the second one and seems to be looking for
xdoclet/jars/xdoclet-xjavadoc-1.0.jar

Is this correct behaviour ? Why is it putting the groupId as a prefix
for the second one yet didn't add it on for the first one ?

TIA
--
Andy