maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Instiating a Project object ( was Re: Executing Maven through Java Webstart)
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:54:01 GMT
On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 08:40, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
> >>To make that thing short, allow me a quick question: how can I
> >>instantiate a maven Project object ? Oh, and should I switch to the dev
> >>list for that ? (just fearing).
> >

> > import org.apache.maven.MavenUtils;
> >
> > File f = new File( "project.xml" );
> > Project p = MavenUtils.getProject( f );
> >

> Well... doesn't sound perfect...

Huh?

> -> runing this as a test gives me an out-of-memory error, it looks like
> it's not a good idea to invoke MavenUtils.getProject(file) from within maven

It's used in Maven itself all over the place.

> -> what interests me is to have the dependencies... and what I get in
> maven.xml,
> 	    <echo message="blop ${project.getDependencies() == null}"/>
>    says true whereas the project has an amount of dependencies.

You didn't say you wanted to use it in Jelly. Please be clear.

There is a tag for using a POM in Jelly script:

<maven:pom descriptor="/path/to/descriptor"/>

But what exactly are you trying to do? Before you wander off on the
wrong road again. It's not likely you want the dependencies you probably
want the artifacts.

> Am I following the wrong route ?
>
> Paul

jvz.