maven-users mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: Torque Plugin Confusion -- Which Version?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 17:10:21 GMT
Hi brian,
I don't have any answers for you, but I do have a question for you since
I've been trying to get torque up and running for my project.  What do you
have defined as dependencies?  I have been able to generate a schema for my
project, but I can not generate the OM classes.  I'm just guessing that I
have incomplete build dependencies.

Any ideas?

-----Original Message-----
From: brian janaszek [mailto:bjanaszek@collaborativefusion.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 12:02 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Torque Plugin Confusion -- Which Version?

Hi--

After muddling my way through building Turbine/Torque with Maven, I'm
stuck once again....

I've been able to generate my sql, and insert my schemas (both the
project's and Turbine's) into the database.  I've even suceeded in
generating the OM layer classes, but I run into problems when I try to
compile the classes via maven java:compile.

I've got the Torque 3.0 jar in my maven repository, but the generated
code has references to classes in the Torque 3.1 release
(TooManyRowsException, for example). I've tried running the torque:om
task against the Torque 3.1 jar, but since the generator classes have
been separated, that task fails when looking for the Ant tasks within
Torque.  Also, I get stacks of "class or interface expected" errors as
well, indicating that there are syntax errors within the Torque
generated Java files.

Is there an up to date howto on using Maven with Turbine2.2/Torque3.x?
I found one on the list archives, but it's at least 6 months old....

TIA
bmj