maven-users mailing list archives

From Roman Rytov <ryt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dependency and jar name
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:37:24 GMT
I saw this description already and out of it my
question arose.
I don't wanna put version number in a jar's name so
the dependent jar always has the same name. But in its
manifest file the version mgight be found. The
question is whether it's achievable for Maven to go so
far/deep?
Why I need it?
If you build a spanshot version (using also SNAPSHOT
versions of dpendent modules) then the current
approach works fine. But if I wanna rebuild one of
previous versions and I have a list of versions used
then of all dependent jars?
The situation may look overcomplicated since I don't
know where to take those "old-versioned" jars from:-)
To rebuild dependent jars also by taking their sources
from a corresponding to the version tag? But then how
to store such jars (version number is not a part of
jar name) and how to distinguish btw several versions
of the same jar? I saw somewhere name transformation
mechanism (something abount SNAPSHOT jars renaming?).

Shortly speaking, I'd like to have a system letting me
build versions retroactively also. Is it possible with
Maven?

http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#dependencies