maven-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Robinson" <aaronrobinso...@hotmail.com>
Subject Getting started with J2EE deployments
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 13:40:38 GMT
I want to build a war then eventually package it in an ear and deploy to
weblogic 8.1

>From what I understand the best things is to have a project for the war and
then a project for the ear.

For the war, maven offers the 'war' goal. How do I tell maven where to find
the web.xml file? How would I tell it about the weblogic.xml file?

What does the deploy goal do - is this what I would use to deploy the war?

Presumably you can write your own goals for maven, is this what I would have
to do for generating a war to be deployed to weblogic?

When I create a project from scratch and then run the jar and site-generate
goals how do I configure what plug-ins are use? Could I turn off the
checkstyle plug-in for example?