maven-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lynch <peterly...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Maven and Cygwin
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 22:12:26 GMT

Pablo Jejcic wrote:
> List,
> 	I am having a strange problem. We are behind a firewall and we use a
> proxy to connect to the internet.
> 	Now, I installed maven in two machines, like this:
>
> 1) A Solaris9 Machine, usual installation, and configure the
> build.properties in the home directory of the user.
>
> 2) A windows200 with Cygwin in which Maven is working outside our network
> using a telephone connection, but for some strange reason when I configure
> the build.properties in that machine with the same parameters than in the
> Solaris machine, it doesn't work.
>
> 	So, Anyone know why is this happening? And how can I fix it?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Where did you put the build.properties file on the windows Machine?
Maven looks in the Java user.home system property. So putting
build.properties in /home/<your home dir> in cygwin will not work.

Put it instead in your Windows's home dir.

Bottom line make sure that the build.properties is actually being found.

-Peter