maven-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: URLs of maven Documentation
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 08:19:34 GMT

--- Eelco Hillenius <eelco.hillenius@topicus.nl>
wrote:
> It would be great though, to have some documentation
> explaining the main
> flow of execution and (main) available context
> variables, so that
> developpers can have a quick insight, and know what
> the original developers
> had in mind instead of guessing for it. I think a
> few good (javadoc) package
> descriptions would do the job.

I agree  that learning maven is hard  when you start
it.
But working maven setup for some OS project is great -

everything works like charm.

Now I would not like to miss maven in may daily
developer job. But I'm in happy position -. I'm
project leader, and I'm responsible fot tool choice
and process organisation. And believe me - if you
learned maven. it's easier to organize development
process for
agile and spatially distributed team.

I do not have to worry that your partners from other
company have outdated jars or wrong version -
if build goes bad - just checkout fresh sources
and do clean rebuild....

However, main problem of maven is that error
information is not easily available - you can not easy
say where shit happened in jelly script.
And what jelly script it was :)

regards,

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >