maven-users mailing list archives

From Bert van Brakel <b...@aeldirect.com>
Subject Xdoclet is nasty and throws NullPointerException
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 23:55:30 GMT
Hi folks. Trying to get the xdoclet ant task to work within maven (I've
also tried the plugin and I concure that is also broken). I've had a
look through the source to see what I could see but I still can't seem
to figure out the problem. It's the common NullPointerException problem:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:326)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:401)
        at xdoclet.util.LogUtil.getLog(LogUtil.java:26)
        at
xdoclet.ConfigParamIntrospector.fillConfigParamsHashMapUsingReflectionFor(ConfigParamIntrospector.java:140)
        at
xdoclet.ConfigParamIntrospector.fillConfigParamsFor(ConfigParamIntrospector.java:102)
        at xdoclet.DocletTask.getConfigParams(DocletTask.java:431)
        at xdoclet.DocletTask.createContext(DocletTask.java:610)
        at xdoclet.DocletTask.validateSubTasks(DocletTask.java:512)
        at xdoclet.DocletTask.validateOptions(DocletTask.java:486)
        at
xdoclet.modules.ejb.EjbDocletTask.validateOptions(EjbDocletTask.java:81)
        at xjavadoc.ant.XJavadocTask.execute(XJavadocTask.java:53)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:231).....

I'm trying to generate castor mapping's for a couple of beans. I've
added the xdoclet modules into the POM :

xdoclet  		1.2b2
xdoclet+xjavadoc	1.2b2
xdoclet+exolab-module	1.2b2
xdoclet+ejb-module	1.2b2
xdoclet+xdoclet-module  1.2b2
ejb			2.0
commons-logging		1.1-dev
log4j			1.2.6

I've downloaded the ejb jar and maven finds it, along with all the
modules. My ant task (in maven.xml) is:

<goal name="castor:mapping">
<taskdef name="ejbdoclet" classname="xdoclet.modules.ejb.EjbDocletTask">
   <classpath>
       <path refid="maven.dependency.classpath" />
   </classpath>
  </taskdef>
<ejbdoclet destDir="${basedir}/castor" mergeDir="${basedir}/merge" >
   <fileset dir="${basedir}/src/java">
     <include name="**/*.java"/>
   </fileset>
   <castormapping />
</ejbdoclet>
</goal>

Versions are:

maven:1.0-beta 8
java: Sun Standard Edition 1.4.0_02

I've read the lists, searched on google, but a solution seems nowhere to
be found. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I'm still getting a handle on this jelly stuff and have never used
xdoclet before, so I hope it's something stupid I'm doing so it's easily
fixed.

I've downloaded the sources for version 1.2b2 and tried to build it (so
I can add additional logging in to have a look see) but it also doesn't
build. Maybe I'm cursed.

If anybody has any ideas on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate
it. I would expect running xdoclet would be a very simple procedure but
so far it's been nothing but a pain.

Many thanks,
-Bert van Brakel