maven-users mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Venisse" <eveni...@ifrance.com>
Subject Rep:<exec ... "maven"...> vs. <maven:maven...>
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:39:43 GMT
the last method need more memory than the first because All project is
launch in the same jvm, and you are some memory leak.

For the second method, the correct syntax is :
     <maven:reactor basedir="${basedir}"
                     includes="${maven.project1.root.dir}/project.xml"
                     goals="goal1, goal2...."
                     banner="Deploying project1"
                     ignoreFailures="true"
    />

Emmanuel

-----Message d'origine-----
De: "Scherzer, Georg" <georg.scherzer@schema.de>
A: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Date: 26/03/03
Objet: <exec ... "maven"...>  vs. <maven:maven...>

hey,

I experimentet with that topic a long time, now I'll ask you...

I'd like to run a nightly-build to compile 4 projects, two of them
depend on the two basic projects. For each of them I wrote
maven.xml-files. Then I installed a fifth, a controll-maven-project,
which runs the 4 projects, organizes the files, checkout the source,
starting the jboss  and sending a mail etc.

Now to the problem:
I testet 3 ways of calling the single projects:

First I tried (for each project):
    <exec dir="${maven.project1.root.dir}"  executable="maven" >
  <arg line="goal1 goal2..." />
    </exec>

That works but it creates always a new process, which I don't like.

Then I thought, I reduce the memory use and the working time:
     <maven:reactor basedir="${maven.project1.root.dir}"
                     includes="project.xml"
                     goals="goal1, goal2...."
                     banner="Deploying project1"
                     ignoreFailures="true"
    />
But this not really works (Error: "please specify a basedir-tag" (?))

Then I tryed the maven:maven goal:
    <maven:maven
          descriptor="${maven.project1.root.dir}/project.xml"
          goals="goal1, goal2,..."
   ignoreFailures="true"
    />
but this aborts during executing the 3th project with an outofmemory
Exception.

Why does the last method need more memory than the first?
That's confusing.

Thanks a lot,

Georg Scherzer

   _      Georg Scherzer