maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject RE: Multiple War Files (Architecture Question)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 20:09:16 GMT
On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 15:01, Frey, John (MED) wrote:
> Are you suggesting then that each separate project be built and stored
> in CVS under its own module? Or is it better to keep them as child
> projects of a top level project module? The reactor doesn't really care
> however the latter seems better to me since the documentation set is
> common to all three projects.

I'm not suggesting any SCM specifics here. You may have your own
preferences for your SCM. For Plexus we are using CVS and we have a
module for the container proper and one for the components. But that's
still rather arbitrary. With the components module we just have a set of
directories

> Also, What do I do if I need to deploy both wars as part of an ear? Do I
> need a separate project for that too? What I'd like to see is...

As part of your master project you could have some logic in your
maven.xml file that triggers the builds for those two projects producing
WARs and then package them together into an EAR.

> Master project:

If your master project is in the business of producing an EAR file then
yes, this logic would be part of the master project's maven.xml file.
That's my take anyway.