maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Maven Beta-8 Release
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:58:37 GMT
On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 22:56, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> So what happens if someone uploads it to ibiblio?

Nothing I guess, except a thrashing. Ibiblio can serve as another place
to get the distributions. The only thing Greg Stein said he didn't want
was the web site refering to Ibiblio as the primary distribution site.

He said the main concern was security, but in reality Ibiblio is
probably more secure than the Apache boxes. Simply for the reason that
they have paid staff to watch over these things. But I'm tired of
arguing so the dist went on the Apache box. As long as users can find it
is what's important.