maven-users mailing list archives

From jeyaraman.sundarara...@ps.ge.com
Subject Can we specify a password to cvs for maven changlog:generate
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:52:59 GMT
Can we specify a password to cvs for maven changlog:generate ?.

When I execute maven changelog:generate it fails to prompt for the CVS
password and uses an empty password by default and reports login failed.

I gave the connection in the project.xml for cvs in the below syntax

scm:cvs:pserver:username@server:/path

I am running it on a WIN2k. I have the wincvs installed in my system and the
cvs.exe is in the path.

I would like to know how a password could be supplied for the above username
in the cvs ?. I tried the below syntax.
scm:cvs:pserver:username:password@server:/path

But maven takes the username as 'username:password' and reports user doesnt
exist and cvs login failed.

Is there any way I could have my cvs password specified in any of the files
for maven to use.

I tried the CVS_PASSWORD env variable but got a message it isnt supported.

The CVS_ROOT is also specified properly.

Please Help

REgards,

Jey

Jeyaraman Sundararajan
GE Power Systems
300 Garlington Road,Greenville, SC  29602
off:  (864)-254-4540
res:(864)-213-9617
dial com:8-288-4540