maven-users mailing list archives

From Tim Stephenson <Tim_Stephen...@TechnologyOneCorp.com>
Subject RE: Reducing Maven build times
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 09:29:45 GMT
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael.J.Brown@jpmorgan.com [mailto:Michael.J.Brown@jpmorgan.com]
Sent: Friday, 3 January 2003 7:25 PM
To: Turbine Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Reducing Maven build times

Hi Tim,

There are already two solutions like that you describe.  The first is the
Maven 'Console' plugin.  Take a look here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/console/index.html

I've not had a go with that yet.  The other solution is to add the following
goal to your maven.xml file:

     <goal name="interactive">

      <interaction:ask question="Which goal do you want to complete ?"
                    answer="maven.ask.goal.name"
                    default="${maven.ask.goal.name}"/>

      <echo>Trying to attain goal "${maven.ask.goal.name}" !</echo>

      <!-- Here we need to catch exceptions so that if it fails, we can
            still use it -->

      <attainGoal name="${maven.ask.goal.name}"/>

      <attainGoal name="interactive"/>

     </goal>

This has the disadvantage that if the build fails for any reason it drops
out (as per the comment) and you have to restart it.  I can't remember where
I got this from - someone else on the list may have a better version by
now...

Good luck!

     Mike

Tim Stephenson <Tim_Stephenson@TechnologyOneCorp.com> on 03/01/2003 08:40:55

Please respond to "Turbine Maven Users List"
      <turbine-maven-user@jakarta.apache.org>