maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Reducing Maven build times
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 04:06:15 GMT
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 22:06, Nick Minutello wrote:
> Is there any way to get Maven to avoid building a project once it has
> already been built and none of the source/dependancies changed?

More than likely, it's just the way the jelly is structured at the
moment and I need to do some work with werkz. Werkz knows if a goal has
been attained for a session so I'll play with this and get that fixed
up. With the recent refactoring it should be easier. But yes, once a
goal is attained during a session it should not be attained again.

> Currently, if you run "dist:deploy site:deploy jar:install" it will
> compile/javadoc/etc etc multiple times and it takes ages.
> Consequently, our automated project build (made up of two maven
> projects), using reactor, takes 13+ minutes...

Yup, we'll get that sorted out.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl