maven-users mailing list archives

From "Warner Onstine" <sw-l...@warneronstine.com>
Subject Re: continuing build problems
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:39:14 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason van Zyl" <jason@zenplex.com>
To: "Turbine Maven Users List" <turbine-maven-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: continuing build problems

> On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 10:14, Warner Onstine wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Checked out latest from cvs last night and updated maven. I still can't
> > build my files and I have a sneaking suspicion something changed with
> > the POM. Here is the entry that I get in my maven.log file:
> > 2003-01-01 23:27:15,688 INFO  org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager -
> > Initializing Plugins!
> > 2003-01-01 23:27:18,663 INFO  org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager -
> > Finished initializing Plugins!
> > 2003-01-01 23:27:27,646 ERROR org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag
> > - Class com.werken.werkz.jelly.ProjectTag doesn't support the nested
> > "path" element.
> > 2003-01-01 23:27:28,004 ERROR org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag
> > - Class org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag doesn't support the
> > nested "path" element.
> >
> > I tried to do pom:validate and got a whole bunch of errors that don't
> > make sense with the current pom.
> >
> > Any clues or pointers would be helpful.
>
> As I said before either track it down or use the tag that was provided.
> With the information you've provided there isn't anything any of us can
> do to help.

Hmm. just tried checking out the Safe dec 31 version, into a separate
module, built the bootstrap, and it still doesn't build any projects that
were building fine before. How do I do the debug thing again (if that will
help). I pretty much have the same errors as before in my maven.log file.

> Look at the touchstone build and see if there is something in your build
> that isn't covered and I will try to include it to cover a case that
> might be failing. CVS HEAD is not for the sqeamish ATM. Buck up, or fall
> back to the safe tag.

Back to the safe tag, and as I suspected, it isn't working either.

-warner