maven-users mailing list archives

From "Aslak Hellesoy" <aslak.helle...@netcom.no>
Subject RE: Remote repository download broken (?) and boolean property problem.
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 00:46:27 GMT

I get that too, but it happens on both jdk1.3.1_06 and j2sdk1.4.1_01

2002-12-02 01:43:09,194 DEBUG
org.apache.maven.repository.DefaultJarArtifact - artifact: jdom-1.0b8.jar
2002-12-02 01:43:09,194 DEBUG
org.apache.maven.repository.DefaultJarArtifact - artifact: jdom-1.0b8.jar
2002-12-02 01:43:09,194 DEBUG
org.apache.maven.repository.DefaultJarArtifact - artifact: jdom-1.0b8.jar
2002-12-02 01:43:09,194 DEBUG
org.apache.maven.repository.DefaultJarArtifact - artifact: jdom-1.0b8.jar
2002-12-02 01:43:09,194 INFO  org.apache.maven.app.ProjectVerifier -
W A R N I N G
Failed to download dependent file jdom-1.0b8.jar

> There is some
> noise here that maven has problems with the j2sdk1.4.1_01 (what I use), so
> I take a wait and see position at the moment. Maven is in the middle of
> the refactoring, so we were struggling with some half-baked code.

I just saw Jason's mail. I wasn't aware there were heavy refactorings going
on, so I'll shut up until things calm down a little.

> > 2)
> > To be sure I tried to set maven.mode.online=true in my
> project.properties,
> > but that gave me
> >
> > java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.maven.jelly.MavenJellyContext.getOnline(MavenJellyConte
> xt.java:39
> > 6)
> >         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.checkOnline(App.java:434)
> >         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:562)
> >         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1121)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:543)
> >         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:573)
> >
> > Could this be because MavenJellyContext.getOnline() uses getVariable()
> > instead of getBoolean() ?
>
> Pass. Everything can be converted to String. I think booth error should

Sure, with toString(). -But you can't cast anything to a String (if it isn't
already a String object).

However, this case is the other way around. Maven tries to cast a String to
a Boolean.

> relate to some class loading problem.

Not at all. These are java.lang classes.

Cheers,
Aslak