maven-users mailing list archives

From Ben Walding <...@walding.com>
Subject Re: OT: codebase design guidelines - Happy Holidays!
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:13:41 GMT
I don't believe this is off topic :)  (and if it is, just say "But it's
Christmas!!!")

Maven Layout:
You'll want to have a look at :
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/dirlayout.html

Which shows the current practice for laying out Maven so that you don't
have to redefine a whole lot of properties.

Testing:
I tend to make blanket statements like

      Unit Testing

All new code that could possibly fail must have unit-tests. Admittedly
the coverage isn't 100% yet, but with each release, the Quilt / Clover
coverage results must not decrease.

      Coverage Testing

The minimum coverage (generate using |maven clean clover:html-report|)
for any non-trivial class within DataForge is 80%. A trivial class is
something which has no methods that would reasonably fail; eg. a bean
with no behaviour except getters and setters. Ideally the level would be
100%, but given that there are only so many monkey hours in a day, 80%
is the easy part.