maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: How to skip changelog step in site:generate?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:37:54 GMT
It seems to me that the site plugin should be changed so that it doesn't
fail when /any/ of the reports fail to run, but should simply omit them
from the site navigation.

The site.jelly (in the xdoc plugin) already just tests to see if the
reports exist before adding them to the list of available reports[1], so
all that's required is a change to the site plugin to prevent failure
when each report fails.

I changed my site plugin's generate goal to look like this:
   <goal
     name="site:generate"
     description="Generate the web site">

       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="jdepend"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="checkstyle"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="changelog"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="activity"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="javadoc"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="jxr"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="junit-report"/></catch>
       <catch var="ignore"><attainGoal name="tasklist"/></catch>
       <attainGoal name="xdoc"/>

   </goal>

Now, the site gets generated even if the code won't compile (which
prevents it from creating the junit report)

Hope this helps
Baz