maven-users mailing list archives

From "Siegfried Göschl" <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: using reactor?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:14:58 GMT
Regarding the JAR inheritance ...

As far as I remember there was a posting asking if it possible to add
a set of JAR in the master project.xml. A different angle might be
defining the version numbers and using POM interpolation

Example

I have a lot  of subprojects depending on few JARs which I would like
to build with reactor - and the version number changes monthly.
Changing the version number in 40 project.xml is some fun

Possible Solution 1

Declaring the JARs in the master project.xml including the version
number and inheriting them to ALL subprojects. IMHO this will pollute
the dependencies since ALL projects inherit them

Possible Solution 2

Defining the version number in the master pom or properties - there
was a posting ("Dependency version from property") to do this using

maven.jar.override = true
maven.jar.<dependency-id> = /path/to/your/jar

But I would need something for the version id  suitable for a simple
and a reactor build (= property inheritance)

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl
CTO
IT20one GmbH