maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: using reactor?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:58:31 GMT
Siegfried Göschl wrote:
> What are the current ideas of refactoring reactor?! Would it make
> sense to create a MAVEN process for each depend subprojects and use
> the return value (TBD as far as I know) as indicator of a sucessful
> build?!
Re the return value, you could vote for a fix:
http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-109
http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOREHEAD-3

I suspect that the forehead issue (which causes the maven one) isn't
being fixed because I hear forehead is being abandoned in favour of
classworlds (not released yet). However if you want a return value from
maven now, its pretty easy to fix forehead for yourself along the lines
of my bug report (actually I just changed forehead's main() to not trap
any exceptions). I use this to get maven status from within anthill.

-Baz