maven-users mailing list archives

From "Siegfried Göschl" <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: using reactor?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:44:34 GMT
Hi Warner

I used reactor for two projects (one small and one big) and hit IMHO
a few limitations

+) as far as I know it is not possible to inherit JAR files (B7) but
I might be wrong (there was a posting)

+) It is not possible to inherit project.properties and
build.properties from the master project

+) Reactor use its own working directory and screws up my testcase
since the try to load test resources using a relative path

+) CheckStyle does not find its property file during a reactor build

+) With 50+ subprojects I have memory problems

Therefore I'm triggering my builds not with reactor but still using
POM inheritance and POM interpolation .... and wait for the next
release ... :-)

Siegfried Goeschl
CTO
IT20one GmbH