maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: New tomcat plugin
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:10:51 GMT
The deploy stuff is non-standard. We'd just annoy people who use
<pick-any-other-server>. It would make more sense to do something like:

<goal name="war:deploy">
    // if server is tomcat then...
       <attainGoal name="tomcat:deploy"/>
    // if server is iPlanet then...
       <attainGoal name="iPlanet:deploy"/>
    // etc...
</goal>

also, j2ee != war. There are a plethora of different *AR files you can
deploy on j2ee servers; this tomcat goal is purely about deploying
webapps on tomcat.

I remember there was supposed to be some JSRs standardising J2EE
deployment and management (using JMX); dunno if they're finalized yet,
but until they are, and are supported, there's going to be a need for
per-platform goals.

-Baz