maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: AW: building maven from cvs
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:00:20 GMT

Marc Lustig wrote:
> I forgot to mention I did try it with ant 1.5 and sdk1.4.1 but I couldn't
> get rid of the error-messages.
> I'm using a win2000 box, so I'm really wondering why you had success and me
> not. Perhaps ant1.5.1 is necessary instead of 1.5 ?!
>
> Marc

I just tried building with
win2k, ant 1.4.1, j2sdk1.4.0 works ok
win2k, ant 1.5.0, j2sdk1.4.0 works ok

Are you building with an empty CLASSPATH? Its possible that theres some
   classes loaded outside the Forehead classloader causing the problem
(classes loaded by the system classloader probably can't see the ones
loaded by forehead - not sure how its delegation works).

BTW there were some problems building cleanly from CVS recently due to a
mistake in the forehead.conf -
http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-165

however the exception you'd have seen was different, and it's been
fixed. This might have been the trouble with ant 1.5.1 you saw referred to?

-Baz