maven-users mailing list archives

From "Alexei Barantsev" <baran...@kazbek.ispras.ru>
Subject RE: New tomcat plugin
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:56:18 GMT
I'd suggest to add deploy goal to j2ee plugin instead of creating new
one (in addition to j2ee and war - may be these two would be merged
too?).

.1.12/bin/

and copy 'CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar' to
'MAVEN_HOME/repository/tomcat/jars/catalina-ant-4.1.12.jar'.

To use it in a project, add something like this to your
project.properties: maven.tomcat.url = http://freedonia:8080/manager
maven.tomcat.username = flywheel maven.tomcat.password = swordfish (read
the tomcat manager how-to!!)

and type:
maven tomcat:deploy

Your webapp will be built and deployed onto the server. There are xdocs
for everything if you want more details.

The plugin depends on a jar from TC 4.1.12, but some of the manager app
functions will work fine on earlier tomcats - see your server docs for
details.

CAVEAT: this is not an official plugin, so don't rely on this for
production scripts unless you're happy that this copy is all you need.

-Baz

BTW: Is there a reason why there's no 'plugin' plugin? Seems like most
of the plugin maven.xml's are the same?