maven-surefire-users mailing list archives

From "Dhondt, Edwin" <edwin.dho...@hp.com>
Subject Passing system property ?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:59:49 GMT
I'm using the combination Spring 2.5.6 TestContext Framework, JUnit 4.4.

I need to pass a system property so Spring can resolve it during it's property resolver fase.

I can start my IDE with a -D (e.g. -Duser.name=<myname>) option and when executing the
JUnit test from within my IDE everything goes fine.

When running this same test using Maven 2 surefire plugin the test fails even when specifying
-Duser.name=<myname> on the maven cmd line.

What am I doing wrong ?

How should I get this system property passed to the JVM in which the JUnit test is actually
execution ?

Thanks,
EDH