maven-surefire-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Hsu" <Ben....@bluefly.com>
Subject Spring messages are not showing up
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:45:21 GMT

[crossposting to the surefire and log4j mailing lists]

Hello everybody,

Can you help me with a problem? I am running surefire unit tests against
a spring application. I am trying to see the debug messages spring puts
out. The messages show up when I deploy the application into JBoss, but
when I run the surefire unit tests they don't show up.

Here is my surefire config from my pom.xml file:

         <!-- Surefire test runner plugin -->

         <plugin>

            <version>2.3</version>

            <configuration>

            <argLine>-Dlog4j.debug</argLine>

            <systemProperties>

                <property>

              <!-- Specific log4j config for tests -->

                <name>log4j.configuration</name>

<value>file:./src/main/config/test-log4j.properties</value>

                   </property>

            </systemProperties>

            </configuration>

         </plugin>

the log4j properties has this content:

log4j.rootLogger=TRACE, R

log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{3}:%L -
%m%n

and the -Dlog4j.debug produces this output:

log4j: Using URL [file:./src/main/config/test-log4j.properties] for
automatic log4j configuration.

log4j: Reading configuration from URL
file:./src/main/config/test-log4j.properties

log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[TRACE, R].

log4j: Level token is [TRACE].

log4j: Category root set to TRACE

log4j: Parsing appender named "R".

log4j: Parsing layout options for "R".

log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p

log4j: End of parsing for "R".

log4j: Parsed "R" options.

log4j: Finished configuring.

Thank you everybody.