maven-surefire-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject surefire/plexus-archiver version conflict
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:58:24 GMT

Today I checked in an integration test for SUREFIRE-389
(IncompatibleClassChangeError when useSystemClassLoader=true).  You get an
ICCE simply by running "mvn test -Dsurefire.useSystemClassLoader=true" on
the quickstart archetype; it's pretty bad.

The problem appears to be in the plexus-archiver.  Last month in revision
588274 jdcasey bumped the version from 1.0-alpha-7 to
1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT, apparently to "fix" useSystemClassLoader (???).

But plexus-archiver:1.0-alpha-10-SNAPSHOT depends on
plexus-container-default:1.0-alpha-15, in conflict with maven-2.0.7's
plexus-container-default:1.0-alpha-9-stable-1.

It appears that -archiver:-10-SNAPSHOT, expecting -container-default:-15,
is getting -9-stable-1, and is throwing an ICCE.

When I downgrade back to -archiver -7, everything seems to work fine
(including my useSystemClassLoader integration test).

I'm not really sure what bug jdcasey was addressing with revision 588274,
but an ICCE can't possibly be an improvement over what was there
before...?

I presume jdcasey was fixing a real bug, though...  Any idea what it was?
How can we fix that bug without causing an ICCE?

-Dan