From Carlos Sanchez <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing com.adobe on Maven Central
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 11:53:02 GMT
Based on previous experiences if you don't distribute them officially
in a Maven repo people will do themselves, creating separate Maven
repos that will have different metadata and versions.
Other people will relay on them for convenience, instead of
downloading from your website and putting them in their maven repos by
hand.

That happened before at least for Sun, JBoss, Google,...

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Damon Cooper <dcooper@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi, unfortunately we will not be updating the BlazeDS bits there, as the only place we
distribute the builds is from our website, and that is a conscious business decision.

> So they will remain stale on the repo, which means users are using bits with security
holes, etc.

> But if that's your decision, that's fine.
>
> On May 19, 2011, at 3:50 AM, "Carlos Sanchez" <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> You'd need to create your own repository for com/adobe/* and then work
>> on sync'ing it with central through Sonatype.
>>
>> You can't/shouldn't remove anything from central, people already have
>> local copies.
>>

>> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Jukka Zitting <jzitting@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I work for Adobe and would like to figure out how we can best start managing
the com.adobe space on Maven central [1].

>>> Currently the com.adobe space contains some bits and pieces based on upload requests
made by our users (including myself before I joined Adobe), and we’d now like to take better
control over this space. What would be the best way to do this?

>>> As a related matter, the BlazeDS artifacts uploaded from Ryan Heaton's repository
[2] are neither up to date nor approved by Adobe. We appreciate the initiative, but at this
point we'd appreciate if the currently uploaded BlazeDS artifacts could be replaced with pointers
to the official BlazeDS download page [3]. How should we do this?