From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Blocking folks without real email addresses
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:02:24 GMT
Maintainers,

Due to the higher numbers of scrapers that are appearing I think it
would be best that we actually know who is subscribing to this list.
People who host mirrors, or are on the list of organizations who are
submitting via rsync I think is perfectly valid but otherwise I don't
think it's necessary for the general public to have access. I think we
need to get a little more rigorous about who's on this list as I don't
think it's unlikely people subscribe here to try and gain information
which makes it easier to scrape and scan the repository.

I would be more comfortable with a contact from each mirror, from each
person in the CSV we maintain for rsyncers, and the Maven PMC.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven