From "Hostmaster" <Hostmas...@brz.gv.at>
Subject Wtrlt: Re: [Fwd: Access to http://repo1.maven.org/]
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:31:40 GMT
Hi!

Please unlock the IP 85.158.227.32, we will not scrape the repo again.
We have 1500 clients/user behind this IP (NAT), maybe it looks like a
DDoS Attack.

Thanks,
Ronald Safka
BRZ - Austrian Federal Computing Centre
http://www.brz.gv.at/

Hostmaster CNA Global Domain
Infrastruktur Netzwerk
Bundesrechenzentrum GmbH
Hintere Zollamtsstra├če 4
1030 Wien

Phone:  +43 1 71123 3222
Fax:      +43 1 71123 2158
Mailto: hostmaster@brz.gv.at
"Enjoy your job, make lots of money, work within the law."
                                Choose any two...

>>> Brian Fox <brianf@infinity.nu> 24.09.2009 22:22 >>>
Hi,
The ip in question has been blocked for scraping the repository on Aug
25th.W

Report of hits for 85.158.227.32
136032 hits found on 135929 files. 135717 success / 214 not found

Scraping the repo will immediately get you banned as it
disproportionately consumes resources provided for the benefit of the
Maven community. If you make an official request to
repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org and make it known that you will not
scrape the repo again, then we will lift the ban. If it's observed
again, the ban will be permanent.