From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: [vote] use repository.zones.apache.org as the new staging/releasing location for Maven artifacts
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:01:36 GMT
Henri Yandell at one point created a text file describing all the
files. But between myself, and Brett we probably know everything
that's there. Maybe a 30 minute call and we'll just walk though
everything and make notes.

On 8-Feb-09, at 5:01 PM, Brian Fox wrote:

> Is there a page explaining all the hooks we have running on the
> current repo?  Are the scripts available some where that I can copy
> to the new system?
> --Brian (mobile)
>

> On Feb 8, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You also need another step - either rsync to people so that one is
>>> kept up
>>> to date, or provide a replacement for Henk's scripts (or just block
>>> deploy/promotion with messed up sigs).
>>
>> Any news on this bit?
>>
>> The repository@a.o list needs some way to provide oversight of
>> artifacts synced from the new location.  Currently that's an email
>> when new artifacts are added to the repo, plus Henk's signature
>> checking scripts.
>>
>> --
>> Wendy

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more
examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks