From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: adding .NET artifacts to the central repository
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:11:25 GMT
This should go by Shane as he's probably got the most knowledge in
this area.

This stuff should not show up anywhere in the repository until it's
fully vetted. Dan Fabulich also seemed to have some thoughts in this
area.

On 4-Dec-08, at 5:07 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Back in August, Shane, Carlos, Wendy and I agreed on a naming
> convention for NMaven artifacts and that they should be included in
> the central repository: http://markmail.org/message/6vzevjulw3lak3an
>
> I uploaded a sample repository on vmbuild, with some NUnit poms: http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/dotnet/org/nunit/NUnit.Framework/2.4.8.0/NUnit.Framework-2.4.8.0.pom
>
> The POM format, containing no plugins, will be compatible between
> the different .NET tooling as long as they adhere to the same <type/
> > naming scheme. The POM uses the one from the NMaven trunk as it
> concluded in the incubator.
>
> I'd make a change to the above to take Wendy's suggestion to rename
> the artifact nunit.framework (lowercase) and remove the final name
> for consistency with the original download.
>
> If there are no final objections here I'd like to start accepting
> and processing upload requests and documenting the conventions on
> the repo section of the Maven site.

I think it's wise to use a separate repository for a few months until
all the kinks are worked out and things land in a location that
everyone is going to sync. None of this has been used in practice on
any wide scale and it's highly likely something will be wrong. What
happened with the Eclipse artifacts getting injected into central
should not happen with .net.

> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

To do two things at once is to do neither.

  -—Publilius Syrus, Roman slave, first century B.C.