From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: More index troubles (q4e this time)
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:30:15 GMT
Saying that the index is pulled every time eclipse is restarted is
inaccurate.

Code to pull index is trigged on indexer plugin activation.
Indexer plugin activation occurs lazily.
Indexer plugin activation occurs, for example, when pom is about to be
modified.
Indexer plugin updates the index once per eclipse session, by sending a
request with the If-Modified-Since header.

I have repo1.maven.org set to 192.168.1.131 (in /etc/hosts) on all of my
dev machines for the past week (Since Dec 8).
Since I rarely modified the pom on a project this week, i only had 2
requests for the index show up in my Apache httpd logs on my
192.168.1.131 box all week.

I have also started and stopped Eclipse instances with Q4E installed
hundreds of times this week (running Plug-in JUnit tests with full
eclipse workspace startup).

-joakime