From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possibility to update or invalidate artifact?
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 02:23:13 GMT

On 15/12/2008, at 10:34 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> We can delete it in such a case, but we would highly recommend you
> release a new version, not overwrite the existing one, to avoid any
> future confusion.

I should clarify.

It's been pointed out to me that empty JARs is probably not serious
enough to make an exception to the rules. While I'm hesitant to leave
"junk" in the repository, it should be clear that replacing it is not
an option because of the confusion that would occur if someone picks
up the empty JARs from an older mirror.

You should definitely release under a new version. We won't remove
anything for now, and I think you'd need to make a very strong case
for it for it to happen.

As Brian pointed out, mvn deploy is the right way to go, and you might
consider using the release and stage plugins to help manage the
process and vet the artifacts before they end up in your synced
repository as well.

HTH,
Brett

--