From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Possibility to update or invalidate artifact?
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 02:03:03 GMT
Actually you just need mvn deploy. You might want to read up on the maven lifecycle: www.sonatype.com/book/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kasper Sørensen [mailto:kasper@eobjects.dk]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:16 PM
To: repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org
Subject: Possibility to update or invalidate artifact?

Hi everyone,

I am in the sad situation that something went wrong with the artifacts
that have been uploaded/synchronized with the central maven repo...
The jars that I have uploaded where empty after running "mvn jar:jar
deploy:deploy". Apparently I should have used "mvn install
deploy:deploy", but that's another story).

I was wondering if it was possible to either invalidate/remove an
artifact from the repo or if it's possible to overwrite an existing
artifact somehow? On the "Guide to uploading artifacts to the Central
Repository" it says that "nothing is deleted or changed in the Central
Repository after it is synced", so I'm guessing it wont help to just
do a new deployment on my sync'ed repository? I can increment the
version of my artifact but that would be bad for the project roadmap
and it would also be quite confusing to users I think.

Best regards,
Kasper Sørensen
representing the MetaModel and DataCleaner projects at eobjects.org