From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: More index troubles (q4e this time)
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:09:10 GMT
Part of this problem seems to be how Nginx handles the
If-Modified-Since. It does an exact match and that's all. Fortunately S3
does handle it correctly, so my previous suggestion to use redirects to
S3 for the index would help mitigate these problems. It appears that
Abel is also working on a patch.

From: Brian E. Fox [mailto:brianf@reply.infinity.nu]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 12:09 PM
To: repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org
Cc: Maven Project Management Committee List
Subject: More index troubles (q4e this time)

It came to my attention this morning that Q4e doesn't check the
timestamp on the index or use the api and thus downloads the index on
every restart. Worse than the Artifactory issue where it wasn't known,
this issue was reported back in June:
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=465 It goes without saying
that this is not in the best interest of the repository community. We're
looking into ways to minimize the damage and cost from this and I hope
that team takes extra-ordinary measures to fix and distribute an update
as Artifactory did.

--Brian