From Daniel Kulp <dk...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Sync issues on Central
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:31:07 GMT
On Wednesday 19 November 2008 10:25:59 am Brian E. Fox wrote:
> >Would having the mirrors pull via rsync instead of pushing to them be
> >more efficient? This could be done from a closer backup mirror instead.
>
> The direction of the rysnc doesn't seem to matter, at least it shouldn't
> according to the protocol.
>
> >I also noticed two rsyncs that aren't in the main system - something
> >running as the jboss user and an rsync daemon that I didn't think was
> >there before.
>
> I just updated the file that was in svn and loaded that.

Personally, I think adding more memory to the machine would also be a huge
boost.   One of the problems with rsync is it has to check file attributes
for all the files.   With 16GB of files, lots of them small, that's a ton of
file accesses.  More memory should at least allow caching of some of it.

--
Daniel Kulp
Software Fellow