From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Syncing stuff from java.net....
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:32:40 GMT
As long as the overridden version is selected over the bad one consistently when processing
transitive dependencies, it should be ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Casey [mailto:jdcasey@commonjava.org]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:11 PM
To: Maven Project Management Committee List
Subject: Re: Syncing stuff from java.net....

I really think we should allow these two versions to coexist, actually.
The dev.java.net people (or someone else in this position in future) may
have some reason for doing what they do, that suits an obscure use case
or something...the rest of us would use the improved POM.

Also, if people are publishing via Ant, and don't ever have direct
contact with people using Maven regularly, it's going to be a little
harder to motivate them to give us really good POM metadata IMO. So, I'd
say let them publish their own artifacts, but still make room for other
"interpretations" of the POM coming from users. There's really no reason
one of these has to win over the other, I wouldn't say.