From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Syncing stuff from java.net....
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:18:01 GMT
On Friday 17 October 2008 11:09:40 am Brian E. Fox wrote:
> I think this is a case like we discussed on the call where we put this
> stuff under a new group id since we are now essentially owning the pom.

I personally think changing the groupId is a bad idea.   You can too easily
get multiple versions of the same thing into your build and no telling what
would happen.   If one of your deps transitively depends
on "groupA:artifact:1.0" and another depends on "groupB:artifact:1.0.1", you
end up with both versions which can cause all kinds of ugly issues.

If that's what needs to be done, I rather just copy the bad poms "as is" and
keep the version/groupid as is.    I'm quite OK with that.   I was just
hoping to clean things up a bit while doing it.   It's definitely
easier/faster if I don't spend the time doing that.    :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org