From "Contegix Support" <supp...@contegix.com>
Subject [CNT-20080910.71828]: [sonatype03] - Apache Availibility
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:30:43 GMT
Arnaud:

I was able to find the following:

http://dominia.org/djao/limitipconn2.html

This *might* suit your needs.  From the readme, it looks like it can be defined on the server
wide, and vhost levels.  In the vhost you can define maximum ip connections within location
tags, so that would allow fine grained control over which locations you wanted to limit.

Also, when an ip is maxing out the limit you define, it will force apache to return a 503
response code.  You could then define your 503 ErrorDocument to be whatever you like.  Even
customize it to look like the site itself, but of course display an error message saying that
you've exceeded your connection limit.  Please look this over and let me know if you thing
this will meet your needs.

Thanks,
-Chris

---
Christopher M. Geers
Contegix
Beyond Managed Hosting(r) for Your Enterprise