maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: further changes to the new repository layout
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:15:39 GMT

>Cool!
>That's what I was fighting for (specially with trygvis ;)) for couple of
>months.

Enough of this. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this looks to me like
you are gloating and trying to put Trygve down by singling him out.
There is no place for that here.

On this discussion, there is nothing on the mailing lists. The only
opinion you had were your comments on the confluence document. We worked
through them. I regularly asked if there were any outstanding issues.
Given that the discussion stopped, I assumed we were in agreement. We
were in agreement to use the other technique, because we saw the
ejb-client situation being handled differently. In other areas, we
adopted your suggestions.

Now, after more time and consideration we've reconsidered and are taking
on another of your suggestions, and Trygve, John and I at least are in
agreement on it (I haven't heard from anyone else).

It's fine for you to pipe up and agree or disagree with reasons, but I
really don't want to hear any more about how you've had this all figured
out from the start, without actively being involved. It's not helping us
actually get some code done and out the door.

>Definitly this makes implementation simpler and more consistent.

Yes, I agree.

>Actually it is rather neccesery to change it to make implementation at all
>possible.

I don't agree with this. We can still discover the POM everywhere except
the parent - and it is probably reasonable that we could require that
you only inherit from projects that are packaging = pom, but given the
other solution is easier, and flexible - we'll use that.

>The last thing about repository layout, which I don't really like is the way
>the groupId is specified.

As you've said. On this, it's just a matter of preference and we've gone
with what users originally asked for and the majority of active
committers think is best. I don't see any reason to change it.

- Brett