maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: Problem with phase lifecycle
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:33:15 GMT
> For now, I'd add "assemble" just before "package". As far as Michal's
> thoughts about where tests belong - they should either be before
> assemble or after package, not in between. I'm leaning towards keeping
> them as is for now. This will not run integration tests, and you can
> always either
> a) disable tests during a dev cycle
> b) not put the tests in the webapp (I tended to put all the code in a
> JAR, and the war only had integration tests, which will come
> after package).

It depends on what else do you imagine to happen in the "assemble" phase.
For example generation of the manifest file, generation of deployment
descriptors from the code and stuff like that can go there.
Those files are not needed for the compilation phase but might be already
needed for the test phase.

(just thinking)
Maybe the package phase could be really dumb and the same for all plugins:
the content of some directory will be added to an archive?
Only problem with that: it will just slightly slow down the processing. But
this might be no issue as it will be fast enough or for example
the idea of Mark Wilkinson can help here?

Michal