maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: cvs commit: maven-components/maven-core/src/test/java/org/apa che/maven/plugin PluginParameterExpressionEvaluatorTest.java
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:31:05 GMT

Hey this looks good!

>   +        <phases>
>   +          <!-- 1 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>generate-sources</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 2 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>process-sources</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 3 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>generate-resources</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 4 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>process-resources</id>
>   +            <goal>resources:resources</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 5 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>compile</id>
>   +            <goal>compiler:compile</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 6 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>process-classes</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 7 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>generate-test-sources</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 8 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>process-test-sources</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 9 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>generate-test-sources</id>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 10 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>process-test-resources</id>
>   +            <goal>resources:testResources</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 11 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>test-compile</id>
>   +            <goal>compiler:testCompile</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 12 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>test</id>
>   +            <goal>surefire:test</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 13 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>package</id>
>   +            <goal>jar:jar</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 14 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>install</id>
>   +            <goal>jar:install</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +          <!-- 15 -->
>   +          <phase>
>   +            <id>deploy</id>
>   +            <goal>jar:deploy</goal>
>   +          </phase>
>   +        </phases>
>   +        <!-- END SNIPPET: lifecycle -->
>   +      </configuration>
>   +    </component>
>      </components>
>    </component-set>

I have still some "control" questions to validate the idea :

- How we are going to support deployment of "exploded" j2ee artifacts?
  I mean exploded wars, ejbs, ears etc. Specifically I use very frequently
in m1 "war:webapp" goal,
  which is assembling the web application directly in the   location which
is visible for servlet container.
  I don't see a phase where this might fall into. I feel that this might be
something for such funtionality around phase #6.

- Will we have other lifecycles the this one? E.g for release process, web
site generation, integration tests?

- In m1 some plugins have their own clean goal (e.g war:clean). I wonder if
such contribution to clean phase (which is not present in this life cycle)
   can be somehow supported.

regards

Michal