maven-m2-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: maven-components/maven-plugins/maven-install-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/install InstallMojo.java
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:05:22 GMT
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

>If we put jcoverage:instrument into process-classes, it will be run always
>when we run a package lifecycle phase?

Short answer is no. In general, the goal will only be added when the
plugin is configured to be used (goal being run resolves it, or it has a
<plugin> section in the POM).

Specifically for reports, they will work under a separate lifecycle.

I'll be working on this tomorrow for things like plugin:descriptor and
code generation - hopefully that'll clear it up.

>So, When we run a goal, we must show if it correspond to a lifecycle
>phase. If it's the case, we run the lifecycle phase.

That's what I think - can anyone see a problem with that?

>>A note on install/deploy mojos - I don't think we will have as many
>>install/deploy goals later. The jar/ear/war/... plugins can be
>>responsible for packaging up the artifact, then use a generic
>>install/deploy mojo to push it to the repository. Full implementation of
>>type handlers should make this possible.
>>

>Sure. I'll remove all install/deploy goals when I (re)wrote jar/ear/war...
>mojo

Thanks!

Cheers,
Brett